Somebody PLEASE tell me how to incubate Sebastopol geese eggs!!!!

Help - I have a pair of Sebastopol geese and they just laid an egg on the bank of my pond. They seem to be ignoring it - what should I do? I am afraid the rain this weekend will raise the water level - it is very close to the water. Should I move it? If they do not sit on it what should I do? thank you!

Help - I have a pair of Sebastopol geese and they just laid an egg on the bank of my pond. They seem to be ignoring it - what should I do? I am afraid the rain this weekend will raise the water level - it is very close to the water. Should I move it? If they do not sit on it what should I do? thank you!

A week ago today i bought 5 Sebastapol geese. 1 gander and 4 geese.
One goose has 4 eggs already - fortunately she laid in the nest I made for them. She leaves the eggs for a couple of hours at a time to go out on the pond with the others but she does sit on them at night. Is this normal?
I am more used to other fowl that lay and then leave the nest until the next day but once they start setting rarely leave the nest.
Any info would be appreciated. Normally how many eggs do they lay before setting?

Back
Top Bottom