Someone Catch "Released" Goose in Gadsden, AL PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by AuroraSprings, Jan 27, 2011.

1. AuroraSprings

AuroraSprings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    I was in Gadsden yesterday, behind the mall to pick up some chickens & have some snakes sexed, and found two Scovie hens and one young Pilgrim mix (?) saddleback goose. I tried to catch her, but without a net or enough people she'd only come close enough to eat the treats I threw out to her. If ANYONE can catch her, I will give her a home. I might can even help rehome the Scovie hens. They were quite friendly. Someone please help!

2. treldib

treldib Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2010
    Southern California
    Good Luck! It looks like they would have a great home...

OFF-TOPIC: You have 30 Corn Snakes and still don't know how to sex a snake? [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. jasonm11

jasonm11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    tioga tx
    Quote:x 2 funny [​IMG]

4. maizey

maizey Chillin' With My Peeps

that is one crazy back parking lot behind your mall....[​IMG]

sorry [​IMG]

5. Quote:It does seem kinda unusual!! LOL!!
    Have you tried posting on the goose forum? Maybe someone there could give you some ideas!!

6. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Sound like they belong to someone....free for the taking ????????????? Lot of parks, apartment area , and yes maybe a mall ...could have a few if they have pond.

I read in a local paper where someone got arrested for duck napping [​IMG], taking a duck from city park pond........

For sure i wouldn't help take someones goose

7. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    O...M....G..... ME WANTS!!! Ugh. OH how i wish i was sooooo much closer!!! UGH! *sigh* so not fair... why must the good pickings be so far away ?!?! I have a gander in need of a girlfriend and Scovie hens are always welcome.

Ugh. I guess its better im not there because i know if i caught them they'd be coming home with ME. lol

8. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    Just in case, I would check with whomever cares for the lake before thaking the goose. However, most of the time, geese in public parks and lakes are dumped off there by ignorant people. So, usually, rescuing one is not a problem.

9. AuroraSprings

Jun 18, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Quote:We actually have 40 now, but most are babies. 2010 was our first year breeding and thus our first year needing to sex our own. Hopefully, we have it figured out now. We shall see when eggs pip this year, lol.

10. AuroraSprings

Jun 18, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Goat-Walker:

I already have an extra female, but everyone that's tried to buy her didn't have any other geese and I didn't want her to be alone. That was another reason I wanted this saddleback goose (atleast she'd have a buddy when everyone pairs up). I'd gladly bring them ALL to you, if someone can catch the saddleback and Scoives. your gander would be excited to have two girlfriends!

I highly doubt there are any rules about removing these non-native, abandoned species. The Coosa River backs up to the mall and everyone goes there daily to feed them all bread (an issue in itself), but I had several folks trying to help distract her, but she knew where I was and what I wanted and wasn't going to let me get near her.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by