Someone gave me new chickens, what are they?

Quote:
whats funny about it, is the eggs where all in one spot. Maybe the bantie was thinking it would hatch the duck egg too? HAHAA! Thats be great.
As for the white egg, although its dirty, it is shiny, not oily really, it was pretty yucky, and stinky...

Quote:
thanks for the tips! i really appreciate it! do u think my 2 banties will be ok with the barred cochin roo (he VERY well tempered). oh and my male and female duck are in there too. But the banties do have plenty of hiding spots if they need to hide

They all should be okay together. I would worry about the drake trying to mess with the chickens. Do you have a light or anything in thier coop? The reason I ask is because if they are cooped up all night with a light on the drake is likely to get bored and harrass the chickens if he can reach them.

Quote:
There is a small screen that moonlight come in through, but thats about it. The roo and ducks grew up together, and sleep together so i know they are ok. But as for the banties, they did great last night. I will go check them in a few, but dont chickens only lay eggs where they feel comfortable at???

Can you get 2 eggs from the same hen in one night??

oh! i must add, we ARE currently building a duck pen, that has a pond and house for the ducks. Once my baby ducks get bigger, theyll go in there too. So needless to say, the rooster will just have chickens in with him, but the pens are connected so the rooster and ducks can visit through the fence

Most likely they have both layed mine lay every other day. But she could have been holding a egg do to moving though that does not happen offen. I have to agree with flyingmonkey these are girls. Best of luck with you chickens and pen! PQ

Back
Top Bottom