Someone has an imagination "Tractor-chickencoop"

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Dirty Farmer, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Dirty Farmer

Dirty Farmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    I was seeing what was new on the local CL, and came across a very interesting chichen coop, to say the least. Driving by you would never even know it's a chicken coop, just an old JD tractor in the back yard.

[​IMG]

http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/grd/2473236117.html
    Decorative coop that has to be seen to be believed. Newly constructed to look like a real John Deere tractor but is actually a functioning chicken coop.approximate size is 9 feet long ., 6.5 feet wide and 7 ft tall. Holds approx 10 - 12 birds in a year round free range operation. The tractor itself has many details like a driver seat that is also a hen box and a " tool box " that opens to be a reach in hen box. Tractor is complete with a steering wheel , smoke stack and side view mirrors (non functioning) The tractor can be rolled around a yard with limitations. actual tractor tires were used in construction but do not hold air (just ornamental) The front grill opens and lowers as a ladder to let the hens in and out. The "engine compartment" is a small pen/run and could be used for chicks. This coop will look great in your backyard or on your hobby farm.

I copied it, so if the ad gets deleted, it'll still be viewable here for reference, for thinking out side the coop (I mean box). I thought others on BYC might enjoy iy also.

2. dsqard

dsqard Crazy "L" Farms

Jun 11, 2010
    York PA
    Now that is an awesome idea! LOVE IT! Wish I could be that creative with wood! [​IMG]

3. krcote

krcote Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    Concord, NH
    So funny!

4. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    Very creative

5. crossgirl

crossgirl Day Dream Believer

Mar 15, 2011
    Lakeland, FL
    That is all kinds of awesomeness!!! [​IMG]

6. GardenGal

GardenGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Western WA
    Wow! I can't imagine how much time that took to build! Love it [​IMG]

7. 202roosterlane

202roosterlane Happy Hen on a Harley

Feb 24, 2011
    Central Arkansas
    WOW, that is awesome. [​IMG] I wish I was that creative.....hmmmmmm maybe.....hehehehe (my husband is gonna think I'm nuts)[​IMG]

8. TommyTurkey

TommyTurkey Out Of The Brooder

Jul 1, 2011
    NW Ohio
    Now that's what chicken tractoring is all about....very creative...wow...[​IMG]

9. farmgirlforever18

farmgirlforever18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2010
    Dublin TEXAS
    [​IMG]

10. chicken_noob

chicken_noob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2011
    Chehalis WA.
    Love it lol, we moved to the country in sw WA instead of SoCal caught the chicken bug and am now gonna sell my truck to buy an ole tractor...somehow this coop just might work lol.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by