Someone please HELP!!!!!!!

Pics

JensChickies

Songster
10 Years
Mar 26, 2014
California
My 6 month old girl is having problems and I don't know why.
She was fine yesterday, but now she is on the way to becoming really lethargic, I havnt seen her drink water, she eats but only her treats. Her eyes are closed and she doesn't want to really move. She has been dewormer, about 2 months ago. Should I do it again? Her comb is red, but I have seen it redder. No signs of respiratory problems. Any body have any suggestions???
Oh. And she hasn't started laying yet.

Helllpppp!! She's def. not feeling well

I would check inside her vent an inch or so to make sure she isn't eggbound. Does she have diarrhea? I would get some Corid or amprollium, and treat her for coccidosis. Your may need to give her the Corid with a dropper and put it on her food so she gets it. What did you worm her with before?

I would check inside her vent an inch or so to make sure she isn't eggbound. Does she have diarrhea? I would get some Corid or amprollium, and treat her for coccidosis. Your may need to give her the Corid with a dropper and put it on her food so she gets it. What did you worm her with before?

Ok I will check her vent. I just brought her in and have her by herself. As for the pooping...I am trying to figure it out, but I'm highly suspicious that she has not pooped. I havnt noticed any bloody poop from her or any of the others. I tried the rooster booster, but it have Valbazen that I will use next round of dewormer. I am going to soak her in water to see if she's egg bound, but I am just not sure

Oh poor girl.

Since you've wormed her, she might be overloaded with cocci. I'd go with corid as Eggcessive mentioned. You'll have to administer it using an eyedropper 6-8 times a day since I doubt she'll drink it on her own.
You can also give her applesauce, it acts as a mild laxative in poultry.

Last edited:
Since you've wormed her, she might be overloaded with cocci. I'd go with corid as Eggcessive mentioned. You'll have to administer it using an eyedropper 6-8 times a day since I doubt she'll drink it on her own.

Thanks Dawg53. She was wormed about 2 months ago, would she have shown symptoms earlier since it was a while ago? I also give probiotics in their feed...I believe it was grow2max probiotics. She just pooped a little bit.

Back
Top Bottom