someone please tell me what to buy

I bought the Gallagher S40 solar charger and I thought it tore my arm off when I touched it, but only when barefoot, with shoes I got nothing. My neighbor's dog tested it for me and the yelp told me it was working fine! When my ground is dry, I can barely get the posts out of the ground. I also have the double posts.

I found this versanet but it’s back ordered

Attachments

• E6A0513E-FB25-4822-94F0-C4D2A63ACC8B.jpeg
    E6A0513E-FB25-4822-94F0-C4D2A63ACC8B.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 8
If you just recently started losing your birds, it's likely only one or 2 culprits and I would advise eliminating the chicken killer as well.

I think it’s a family of raccoons. It’s feather carnage but no bodies. Whatever it is climbs the coop walls and gets the chickens out of the pen and had the nerve to take one tobelow my bedroom window. Again? Only feathers no bodes. And I lost five last night so I am certain it’s more than one predator.

Oh and I want to add I have lights on inside the coop and a spotlight and a radio on outside and a super soaker motion sprinkler and they still came.

I found this versanet but it’s back ordered

If that netting is 100 linear feet, the enclosed area will be limited to that size......say 4 sides of only 25 feet each? For the same money, you can buy electric fence components and construct your own fence.....one that is much larger and can be fitted to the area you want vs. what you are forced to conform to. Location of corners, etc.

So be looking at the white, step in electric fence posts.......figure spacing at 20 feet apart. If this is to be quick and moveable......consider using poly tape fencing......like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Field-Guardi...KVYA0MEA9AW&psc=1&refRID=G5SGV69PQKVYA0MEA9AW

So an area that is 50' x 100' = 50' + 50' + 100' + 100' = 300 linear feet. A single 1/4 mile roll (1,320') would allow you to run 4 strands....same length as 3 of the 100' poultry netting fences. You would also need about 20 of the step in posts.

These fencing supplies need not come from Amazon......can probably be found locally. I could buy something like this from at least 5 different stores located 10 miles from me.

If you prefer something more permanent and durable, instead of poly tape, get a roll of aluminum fence wire.....also 1/4 mile spool. But that will also mean upgrades in support posts, etc. So more investment in materials and will require a higher skill level to install, but again, more or less permanent.

I would recommend possibly going to a farm store like like a farm co op, our local co op here is a Southern States. The employees at those would hopefully be knowledgeable about their products and be able to assist you with the recommendations that you receive here on this forum.

If that netting is 100 linear feet, the enclosed area will be limited to that size......say 4 sides of only 25 feet each? For the same money, you can buy electric fence components and construct your own fence.....one that is much larger and can be fitted to the area you want vs. what you are forced to conform to. Location of corners, etc.

So be looking at the white, step in electric fence posts.......figure spacing at 20 feet apart. If this is to be quick and moveable......consider using poly tape fencing......like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Field-Guardi...KVYA0MEA9AW&psc=1&refRID=G5SGV69PQKVYA0MEA9AW

So an area that is 50' x 100' = 50' + 50' + 100' + 100' = 300 linear feet. A single 1/4 mile roll (1,320') would allow you to run 4 strands....same length as 3 of the 100' poultry netting fences. You would also need about 20 of the step in posts.

These fencing supplies need not come from Amazon......can probably be found locally. I could buy something like this from at least 5 different stores located 10 miles from me.

If you prefer something more permanent and durable, instead of poly tape, get a roll of aluminum fence wire.....also 1/4 mile spool. But that will also mean upgrades in support posts, etc. So more investment in materials and will require a higher skill level to install, but again, more or less permanent.
I would recommend possibly going to a farm store like like a farm co op, our local co op here is a Southern States. The employees at those would hopefully be knowledgeable about their products and be able to assist you with the recommendations that you receive here on this forum.

I’m so confused. It’s like Greek speak. Will I know what to buy? How do you hook the wire to the posts? How do I keep from frying my birds and the chicks? How do I hook the wire to the energizer? Ground etc?
I will have to watch a lot of YouTube videos.
As for a place to go- I only have tractor supply and they think “ Pullet” is a breed.

Back
Top Bottom