Someone tell me...

CoriM

Songster
Jun 6, 2019
So did you get the liquid vitamin B complex? If they will take it on a tiny bite of bread you could do that. You can't overdose them so don't worry about them getting too much. I fed my ducks fermented food and I added it to that, as well as their water to make sure they were getting it ingested. I can't believe your vet would say they don't need the niacin. This stuff worked miracles for me! The hobbles are very easy to put on since the vet wrap is so flexible and sticks to itself. Just position the legs properly and wrap them a couple times. Swimming is good exercise for weak legs, but don't make them run around trying to keep up with faster ducks until they've gained strength.

Jul 3, 2020
So did you get the liquid vitamin B complex? If they will take it on a tiny bite of bread you could do that. You can't overdose them so don't worry about them getting too much. I fed my ducks fermented food and I added it to that, as well as their water to make sure they were getting it ingested. I can't believe your vet would say they don't need the niacin. This stuff worked miracles for me! The hobbles are very easy to put on since the vet wrap is so flexible and sticks to itself. Just position the legs properly and wrap them a couple times. Swimming is good exercise for weak legs, but don't make them run around trying to keep up with faster ducks until they've gained strength.
Yea... I did exactly the wrong things... I thought ohhh let her walk ( wrong) but did let her swim... she is better now ... but still weak... when she is tired ... it is worse.,

I have to figure out the niacin dosing!! Lol

CoriM

Songster
Jun 6, 2019
Yea... I did exactly the wrong things... I thought ohhh let her walk ( wrong) but did let her swim... she is better now ... but still weak... when she is tired ... it is worse.,

I have to figure out the niacin dosing!! Lol
To be honest, I just poured a tiny bit on her food, and a little in the water once a day. Maybe at least get started with something while you figure out the dosing. It won't hurt the other ducks to have it as well.

Jul 3, 2020
Ok everyone... it is 38 degrees.., I am sooo worried about them being cold!! They are in the run... it has a roof... but I am afraid it is too cold,.. are they ok?
They will be 10 weeks old on Monday.

Jul 3, 2020
38 is not cold for a duck. View attachment 2434954 they even like playing in the snow.
Hahahah how incredibly precious!!!! All your best snows are so beautiful !!!!
Brrrrrrrrrrr
Love all the pictures !!! Made me smile !!
Meanwhile I couldn’t take it... I brought them in ... they are sound asleep in their cozy playpen... in my sunroom!!!!
Lolol
Tomorrow I am going to do it !! ( maybe...)

Jul 3, 2020
Hahahah how incredibly precious!!!! All your best snows are so beautiful !!!!
Brrrrrrrrrrr
Love all the pictures !!! Made me smile !!
Meanwhile I couldn’t take it... I brought them in ... they are sound asleep in their cozy playpen... in my sunroom!!!!
Lolol
Tomorrow I am going to do it !! ( maybe...)
Good lord!!!
That was supposed to say all you babies are so precious!!! All the pictures are fabulous!!

Top Bottom