Something’s wrong with my chick

Granny Gwenda

In the Brooder
Apr 13, 2021
My chick recently has been having these strange spams or panic attacks or something. Yesterday she was perfectly fine but today she kept on having them without warning. Usually she’s perfectly fine, running around and all, and then suddenly she falls down and starts backing away from nothing. She starts flapping her wings as well, and when she’s done she doesn’t move until a few minutes. If anyone knows what’s going on your help would be much appreciated.

My chick recently has been having these strange spams or panic attacks or something. Yesterday she was perfectly fine but today she kept on having them without warning. Usually she’s perfectly fine, running around and all, and then suddenly she falls down and starts backing away from nothing. She starts flapping her wings as well, and when she’s done she doesn’t move until a few minutes. If anyone knows what’s going on your help would be much appreciated.
I understand that is worrisome.
Need more info.
How old is your chick?
What are you feeding it?
Whats your brooder set up?
Can you upload a picture of the behavior?
Take a picture of the poop.
Have you checked it's crop?

One of my 13wk old pullets does this but not very much. She can't see very well and mistakes objects for threats. I tried trimming her crest but it doesn't work.
She is perfectly healthy, just can't see.

I understand that is worrisome.
Need more info.
How old is your chick?
What are you feeding it?
Whats your brooder set up?
Can you upload a picture of the behavior?
Take a picture of the poop.
Have you checked it's crop?
My chick is roughly a month old.
I usually feed them boiled rice, seeds, fruits, vegetables. I plan on getting them proper feed as soon as possible.
My brooder set up is a card board box. I change the box every two to three weeks. I have checked her crop. She doesn’t eat but does drink so I’ve started giving her food mixed in a little water.
I’ll show pictures later as I cannot right now.
Sorry for the late reply.

One of my 13wk old pullets does this but not very much. She can't see very well and mistakes objects for threats. I tried trimming her crest but it doesn't work.
She is perfectly healthy, just can't see.
For some reason with mine gets them very frequently. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with her eyes.

Back
Top Bottom