Something funny I just HAD to share!

Chicks Galore3

Artistic Bird Nut
11 Years
Dec 16, 2011
Iowa
Very funny happening this morning-
Some electrical people were out this morning doing something or other on our telephone poles. After lunch, my 2 brothers and a almost 3 year old and I went outside to let the chickens out and check the other animals. The chickens hadn't been out for a couple days because it has been rainy. I let them out of the coop, and at first, they just gobbled up the fresh green grass as if they hadn't eaten for a week. They guys that were working kinda glanced over and look surprised to see the chickens and us petting them. AND THEN one of the chickens started running across the yard, flying, like a jumping jellybean. You know how they go. ;) Which, of course, set EVERYBODY else off! So I have 12 chickens running, flapping, and jumping across the yard, in the direction of the electrical dudes.
lol.png
They looked a little scared for a moment.
gig.gif
They also kept on glancing at the chickens after that, and when one started coming up to a guy, the guy started backing up and shooing it away.
gig.gif
It was so funny!

Some electrical people were out this morning doing something or other on our telephone poles. After lunch, my 2 brothers and a almost 3 year old and I went outside to let the chickens out and check the other animals. The chickens hadn't been out for a couple days because it has been rainy. I let them out of the coop, and at first, they just gobbled up the fresh green grass as if they hadn't eaten for a week. They guys that were working kinda glanced over and look surprised to see the chickens and us petting them. AND THEN one of the chickens started running across the yard, flying, like a jumping jellybean. You know how they go. ;) Which, of course, set EVERYBODY else off! So I have 12 chickens running, flapping, and jumping across the yard, in the direction of the electrical dudes.
lol.png
gig.gif
They also kept on glancing at the chickens after that, and when one started coming up to a guy, the guy started backing up and shooing it away.
gig.gif
It was so funny!
People don't expect friendly/pet chickens. That is funny.
lau.gif

People are always amazed that we just walk up to and pick ours up. Most farmers don't hold, talk to, or play with their chickens and are surprised to find that some can be rather snuggly.

lol.png
gig.gif
gig.gif
It was so funny!
lau.gif
We had guests over, and my parents were sitting out with them on our deck. I let out my silkies--for the same reason as you, it had been raining--and they went, ya' know, "head bobbing" all over the yard, trying to chase bugs and dust bathe. Our guests looked at us like we were keeping monkeys as pets!
lol.png
It was so funny! Then, one asked, "Are those for real?"

gig.gif

We had the tree cutters (cutting down our 50 year old oak tree
hit.gif
rant.gif
somad.gif
), and the chickens were out. Now, they were hiding in the bush, but, oh, how they came running when they saw the sawdust fly! I guess the guys were a little scared about having a 12 inch tall rooster with inch long spurs pecking around their boots. I wish that rooster would have spurred 'em. He didn't.

Very funny happening this morning- Some electrical people were out this morning doing something or other on our telephone poles. After lunch, my 2 brothers and a almost 3 year old and I went outside to let the chickens out and check the other animals. The chickens hadn't been out for a couple days because it has been rainy. I let them out of the coop, and at first, they just gobbled up the fresh green grass as if they hadn't eaten for a week. They guys that were working kinda glanced over and look surprised to see the chickens and us petting them. AND THEN one of the chickens started running across the yard, flying, like a jumping jellybean. You know how they go. ;) Which, of course, set EVERYBODY else off! So I have 12 chickens running, flapping, and jumping across the yard, in the direction of the electrical dudes.
lol.png
gig.gif
gig.gif
It was so funny!
Haha that's really funny! I had something similar happen. We were switching to a new satellite/Internet company and the workers were out working on the roof. I had let my chickens out before they came over because it was a really nice day. My really tiny (1lb) Phoenix bantam rooster was really curious about the new guys on the property. He broke away from the flock and started following the guy around like a puppy. The guy didn't notice at first but he jumped when he saw the little rooster! He walked away, looking over his shoulder and the rooster was still following him! To make it even better, he turned around and my rooster started doing his little "wing dance" xD Needless to say, the Internet guy made a little friend that followed him the entire time he was working. I don't think a lot of non-chicken owners realize how funny they actually are haha

Last edited:
Those are hilarious!

Oh, and I think our mailman is starting to like chickens. ;) He asked where we got them and whenever he comes and they are up at the house, he talks to them!

Back
Top Bottom