SOMETHING IS TAKING THE CHICKENS FEATHERS AND ALL!!!

playchickenman

Hatching
11 Years
Aug 16, 2008
Thompsons Station TN
Last week it was a 2 month old chick, today I had 9 chickens and NOW only have 7......for the love of god!, what ever it is takes everything feathers, parts, insides. EVERYTHING and does it brazenly during the day. I live ever so far in the wilderness......ok not really, but in the country and have blue jays that worn of danger, danger....but it seems like every time I go for the day I come back with less stock.

HELP ME.....I have a 20g and will use to kill the antaloper.

Hmmmm, you could stake out the area.
idunno.gif

A hawk or eagle would take a chick and leave no feathers. If you don't have any of those around, look for a two legged predator. All others you would find some sign of a struggle or feathers.

The only time I had a predator take chickens feathers and all, it was two grown men with gunny sacks!

Humans disgust me! The bad ones, I mean. I fear the same thing here in the forest where we have a lot of camps nearby and even some squatters at an abandoned barn. I'll shoot the jerks if I catch them!

I had a mink take a 4 month old RIR pullet left me 2 feathers and 2 drops of blood, there was no sign of struggle. I got the mink today, after she killed 3 of my broody banty hens along with their chicks. What a sad sight i was really looking forward to some new fuzzybutz.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom