Something Is Wrong With My Hen/Anything I Should Look For? UPDATE

Do you know if what he gave you is an antibiotic? If not I would think treating her with an antibiotic in case she has an infection couldn't hurt. I see people suggesting sour crop, have you felt her crop does it feel full. I think with sour crop it would feel full. I am not sure you would probably have to research that one. I would definitely make sure to give her fluids and I would try an antibiotic.

Thanks everybody for your help but she died yesterday. She didn't look good at all so probably for the best. Still don't know what killed her though. Thanks again, ~Julie~

Quote:
hugs.gif
I am sorry.

Sorry Julie. I live in Georgia. There is a poultry lab close to me that I have talked with. They have helped me with 1 of my hens who started sneezing. I have to give the whole brood antibiotics for 2 weeks. But the people there will come to my home at no charge to check my birds. He said they could take samples from the bird if needed to run tests. The main thing is it is no charge to you and they are concerned about local fowl. If you have a poultry lab you can contact, they may can give you some answers.
Lonnia

Back
Top Bottom