Something killed my chicken?!

ChickenLover6684

Chirping
Apr 25, 2021
I was out in the pasture with my horse and I came across some feathers. Handfuls and handfuls of feathers. There was no body there. All that was there was a skull and the feathers. We have a hawk that lives on our property. I’m not sure if a hawk would leave the skull though. Any ideas on what could of killed it?:(

I was out in the pasture with my horse and I came across some feathers. Handfuls and handfuls of feathers. There was no body there. All that was there was a skull and the feathers. We have a hawk that lives on our property. I’m not sure if a hawk would leave the skull though. Any ideas on what could of killed it?:(
Where are you? We can at least eliminate what it's not.

I live in Indiana an hour or two from Indianapolis. I live on a farm with woods near it. A hawk lives in our neighbor’s tree and stalks our chickens.

It could have been most any predator since you found the feathers and some of the remains in your pasture. It could have been a coyote. If you have a game camera put it up and see what roams around there. I have had issues with most predators at one time or another. My land is mostly open pasture. I see predators quite regularly on my cameras mostly at night here. I had an owl that was plaguing me. I did accidentally catch it and got it in a cage and a wildlife rescue came and got it.

Back
Top Bottom