Something seem off

Athiena14

Crowing
5 Years
Feb 23, 2018
St. Robert MO
Okay so I'm horrible with genetics, but after seeing 12 of the same things from one group of turkeys, to go to my pair that were almost the same genetics.

My pair was a royal palm hen and a bronze Tom

The group from before was a pair of bronze hens to a royal palm tom.

This was the first time seeing this lol.

My hen was with no other Tom and the Tom's were bought at the same farm.

20190522_195804.jpg

They were supposed to be move to the hatching incubator yesterday, but got busy. There is one left to hatch of this group and got moved

The group from before was a pair of bronze hens to a royal palm tom.
Royal Palm tom crossed with Bronze hens will produce Narragansett Semi-Color Semi-Gray hens that are carrying a recessive Black Winged Bronze gene and Bronze Semi-Color Semi-Gray toms that are carrying a recessive Black Winged Bronze gene and a recessive Narragansett gene.
My pair was a royal palm hen and a bronze Tom
A Bronze tom crossed with a Royal Palm hen will produce Bronze Semi-Color Semi-Gray hens that are carrying a recessive Black Winged Bronze gene and Bronze Semi-Color Semi-Gray toms that are carrying a recessive Black Winged Bronze gene and a recessive Narragansett gene.
My hen was with no other Tom and the Tom's were bought at the same farm.
If the toms were bought at the same place, there is no guarantee that the Bronze tom was a pure Bronze or what hidden recessive genes he is carrying. Depending on just what the "Bronze" tom actually is, it is entirely possible that the white poult is a Royal Palm or even a Sweetgrass since it does seem to have a dark stripe down its back.

Back
Top Bottom