Something stuck in chicken’s butt?

Summerbirds

Songster
Jan 27, 2018
Canada
I have a three year old hen that has been acting weak and tired lately. Today I noticed something was stuck in her butt, and that it had gotten messy. She feels a bit light when I pick her up. when investigating her butt I saw something sticking out. When I pulled on it it came out a bit, but it seems stuck in there. I gave her dewormer today. She hasn’t been lay recently and has a history of laying double yolk eggs. What should I do next?
1B0AC304-6539-4BC8-A544-B3F5D166231B.jpeg
A409C7D0-B489-4FF1-80E0-4069B810ABE7.jpeg

That appears to be a collapsed egg membrane in the first pic. Is it rubbery? I would try to gently remove it. Clean up her bottom with a warm soapy soak, unless she is very weak, as that could be dangerous. She sounds like she is having some reproductive issues, and an antibiotic such as Fish Mox along with some extra calcium might help.

That appears to be a collapsed egg membrane in the first pic. Is it rubbery? I would try to gently remove it. Clean up her bottom with a warm soapy soak, unless she is very weak, as that could be dangerous. She sounds like she is having some reproductive issues, and an antibiotic such as Fish Mox along with some extra calcium might help.
Oh, yes, you might be right. When taking a closer look at it zoomed in, it does appear to be dried egg membrane.

Back
Top Bottom