Something stuck in her throat?

socalchickens76

Chirping
Oct 13, 2020
Hello,

My Easter egger ate a lizard this morning and now we noticed that she's moving her neck like she's trying to dislodge something in her throat. Could it be that the lizard is stuck in an awkward position? Or is this a sign of a crop issue? I included a video of her doing it but she's sitting down so it's not as pronounced as when she's standing. You can see it pretty well at the 15 second mark.
Thank you!

I cannot see the video. Chickens can have twisting neck movements when something is stuck in the crop. Does she have access to granite poultry grit, and is she taking water? Can you get another person to help, and look into her beak and throat with a flashlight? Can you feel any thin in her crop?

Hi, SoCal, how is she doing? The video was "unavailable" so I couldn't see what she's going through. I've read in the forums about what to do with crop problems if she's still having trouble, one being to hold her head down & massage the crop to dislodge the object. But best to search on crop problems since everyone here has much more experience than me! Wow, a whole lizard, and maybe not dead yet in there?

Back
Top Bottom