Something to Ponder...

Pics
In my case, I don't really want to see it. My sister saw it a long time ago and said it was so focused on the crucifixion and not so much on the resurrection, which bugged her.
It was Mel Gibson's idea to do a Part 2 movie. It didn't happen all kinds of things went wrong, I heard he tried several times. Satan does not want the resurrection story heard.

In my case, I don't really want to see it. My sister saw it a long time ago and said it was so focused on the crucifixion and not so much on the resurrection, which bugged her.
Yes, I do wish there was more of the resurrection in the movie. I was quite surprised when it ended right after it showed him alive in the tomb.

Yes, I do wish there was more of the resurrection in the movie. I was quite surprised when it ended right after it showed him alive in the tomb.
The Title of the movie indicates what the substance of the movie was intended to focus on: the Passion of Christ.

In Christianity, the Passion (from the Latin verb patior, passus sum; "to suffer, bear, endure", from which also "patience, patient", etc.)[1] is the short final period in the life of Jesus Christ.

Therefore, to be completely accurate, Gibson could have ended the movie when Jesus cried out, "It is finished," and breathed his last. But he did not. He showed that it did not end there. He showed that He is risen. Although I did not see the movie, I am glad he included that. It is the touchstone of Christianity, the foundation of our faith. I imagine it was a powerful scene in the movie!

I saw the movie The Passion of the Christ at the theater when it first came out. I was not emotionally prepared for the depiction of the extreme brutality and beatings Jesus endured before he ever even reached the place where He was crucified. I didnt even remember how the moviie ended until @BigBlueHen53 mentioned that final scene. What i mostly remember is the nearly unbearable pain and suffering that Jesus endured during his final hours of earthly life, & the violence and blood. I remember walking out of the theater in complete shocked silence.

But of course Jesus knew what was in store. That is why he prayed in Luke 22:42, "Father, if You are willing, remove this cup from me; yet not my will but thine be done." I too wish Mel Gibson would have been able to make Part 2. Would have been awesome to see the joyous scenes where Christ reunited with the disciples, & also the reactions of the Many others who saw the resurrrected Jesus too.

We here on this thread are connected through our love of poultry, and also through our Christian beliefs,. Whether online or in person, we are connected. And that leads me to Jesus's words in the following verse:

Matthew 18:20
"For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there I am in the midst of them."

I saw the movie The Passion of the Christ at the theater when it first came out. I was not emotionally prepared for the depiction of the extreme brutality and beatings Jesus endured before he ever even reached the place where He was crucified. I didnt even remember how the moviie ended until @BigBlueHen53 mentioned that final scene. What i mostly remember is the nearly unbearable pain and suffering that Jesus endured during his final hours of earthly life, & the violence and blood. I remember walking out of the theater in complete shocked silence.

But of course Jesus knew what was in store. That is why he prayed in Luke 22:42, "Father, if You are willing, remove this cup from me; yet not my will but thine be done." I too wish Mel Gibson would have been able to make Part 2. Would have been awesome to see the joyous scenes where Christ reunited with the disciples, & also the reactions of the Many others who saw the resurrrected Jesus too.

We here on this thread are connected through our love of poultry, and also through our Christian beliefs,. Whether online or in person, we are connected. And that leads me to Jesus's words in the following verse:

Matthew 18:20
"For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there I am in the midst of them."
I had heard the movie was brutal, which is why I didn't go. But Jesus didn't die of crucifixion. He died of sin. Sin separates the sinner from the Father, the Giver of Life. That's why Jesus cried out, My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me? It was that separation that caused His death. That's why Pilate was amazed to hear He was dead already. Crucifixion often took days. It was our sins that crushed the life out of Jesus. Anyone can die of crucifixion. But Jesus died for our sins.

1637380406832.png

Back
Top Bottom