Something to Ponder...

Best way for me to memorize is to WRITE it down, and more than once! Then tape it to my wall or mirror on a 3x5 card where I will SEE it several times a day, and SAY it out loud every time I see it. Then close my eyes and try to SAY it from memory, so I HEAR myself say it. Try and get as many senses involved as possible and soon it will stick! Try saying it a rap rhythm! Or some kind of music. That's why commercial jingles stick with you!
This is what I do! I right them down and put them on my wall. My sister also got me some decor with verses on them.

Attachments

• CD3FF064-E027-41AE-929C-640A9DBD3411.jpeg
    CD3FF064-E027-41AE-929C-640A9DBD3411.jpeg
    434.2 KB · Views: 4
  • E9CEF234-83C0-4806-9B5B-7F21A3B990B6.jpeg
    E9CEF234-83C0-4806-9B5B-7F21A3B990B6.jpeg
    405.2 KB · Views: 4
John 13:34
"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, so you are also to love one another."

Jesus gave His new commandment as part of his final instructions to his 11 remaining disciples after the Last Supper, when Jesus knew he would soon be crucified.

John 13:34
"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, so you are also to love one another."

Jesus gave His new commandment as part of his final instructions to his 11 remaining disciples after the Last Supper, when Jesus knew he would soon be crucified.
❤️ I just read this to The Man a few minutes ago! John 13 was our Scripture reading tonight, and I highlighted it to share here! 😄 Seriously!

@cherrynberry, I'm sorry, I thought you had been tagged here already! I can't keep track! :hit Is @EmmaRainboe here? Who else do we need to snag?

Best way for me to memorize is to WRITE it down, and more than once! Then tape it to my wall or mirror on a 3x5 card where I will SEE it several times a day, and SAY it out loud every time I see it. Then close my eyes and try to SAY it from memory, so I HEAR myself say it. Try and get as many senses involved as possible and soon it will stick! Try saying it a rap rhythm! Or some kind of music. That's why commercial jingles stick with you!
I'm going to have to try this. Thanks for sharing! I have a very hard time memorizing things, and I'm trying to memorize the verse below in the quote. I have discovered, that the two verses in Jeramiah that I have glued above my bed I know the most. I recently wrote down a new verse there, but I'm still learning it. It's Matthew 25:34b: Come, you who are blessed by My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.
Here's the first verse:

Teach me Your way, Yahweh, and I will live by Your truth. Give me an undivided mind to fear Your name.

Psalm 86:11 (HCSB)

Teach me Your way, Yahweh, and I will live by Your truth. Give me an undivided mind to fear Your name.

That word "fear" in the original language was not "be terrified of," but "give reverence to," or, "be in awe of." God's kingdom is based on love, not terror.
Wow! Thanks so much for clarifying that! I've always wondered what did the Bible mean when it said to fear God! Now I know! Thanks again! :hugs :hugs :hugs

Wow! Thanks so much for clarifying that! I've always wondered what did the Bible mean when it said to fear God! Now I know! Thanks again! :hugs :hugs :hugs
I always thought it meant, they obeyed whatever God said, and feared to not obey. Thank you for your explanation, Blue!❤️

Back
Top Bottom