Something wrong with one of my ducklings? Acting tipsy all the sudden?

well its been about a wk. she's hangin in there. is up an walking. put her in the sand box (pot of dirt for her). to get her feet wet.. put her in the sun to sun herself. wasn't happy. but walked around. more forward then backwards..so still in same brooder. not sideways episodes.. so not sure what to do now..

Its been a wk an peep is doing better but, still wobbly an not as big as she should be. been outside in the sun an put dirt for her scratch. not really any interest in that. so not sure what to do now..

Just keep up with the niacin hopefully she'll make a complete recovery sounds like she is coming along good. some seem to have good response to Poly Vi Sol with out iron just a couple drops in the mouth 2x a day.

Last edited:
its been almost two weeks an she's still hangin in. have her in a small brooder. at night I shut off light cause its near the heater an she has her feathers. put light on during the day. still wobbly an falls over here an there but not as much an can up by herself now. she does squack really loud when she's stuck on her side, at first. I been given her brewery yeast in food. meal worms. plate of dirt. nician in water an probiatics electrolytes an add b complex b12 liquid..
at first seemed to help first four days. then I put medicated crumble in cause I ran out of reg. seemed to b a set back. so regrouped an got reg. crumble an seems to b the same. but if she can get to the food an water. I will put her back in the group even though she's not as big as her hatch lings, but she's still not able to

past couple days she been doing really bad..falling right over. I might be doing wrong does. but its hard I change water every other day and food. I did poly vi sol with iron. that all they had.. gave her a lot cause it was hard to get in her beak..well I'll give it a try. but I don;t think she's going to make it..she'll b 5 wks old. all feathers in, looks good but can't stand just falls over an really screams when she does..

peep pasted away at 5 wks old..
I'm so sorry for your loss
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom