Somethings wrong need help.

I’ve done 7 days now and she’s still doing it. It’s worse… my vets here don’t do chickens. Any other ideas? I’ve been talking to my husband about putting her down because I don’t know what else to do.
I am sorry that she is not better. Has she been able to drink water or eat anything? Has she been up walking around? Any coughing or head shaking? If you do put her down, I would try to do a home necropsy, and cut open her trachea to look for Y-shaped gapeworms, which are red in color. I’m not sure if your state vet could do a necropsy, but that would be a way to get a diagnosis.
Edited to say, yes your state vet can be contacted early am for a necropsy. The body should be kept cold in a cooler on ice, but not frozen. Here is the contact info:
https://www.metzerfarms.com/poultry-labs.html

I am sorry that she is not better. Has she been able to drink water or eat anything? Has she been up walking around? Any coughing or head shaking? If you do put her down, I would try to do a home necropsy, and cut open her trachea to look for Y-shaped gapeworms, which are red in color. I’m not sure if your state vet could do a necropsy, but that would be a way to get a diagnosis.
Edited to say, yes your state vet can be contacted early am for a necropsy. The body should be kept cold in a cooler on ice, but not frozen. Here is the contact info:
https://www.metzerfarms.com/poultry-labs.html
She came over while I was feeding mealworms, and she laid an egg.she is not shaking her head but is making a weird caw sound and is tipping her head back opening her beak… her sneezing seems to have subsided

I'm sorry you lost her.
Pushing on a crop and cause fluid and or food to go down the wrong pipe and in to the lungs which will make them do exactly what she was doing...having trouble breathing..and kill them slowly.

I too highly recommend you get a necropsy performed by your state lab If for any reason you can't, you may actually learn something valuable if you open her up yourself.

I'm sorry you lost her.
Pushing on a crop and cause fluid and or food to go down the wrong pipe and in to the lungs which will make them do exactly what she was doing...having trouble breathing..and kill them slowly.

I too highly recommend you get a necropsy performed by your state lab If for any reason you can't, you may actually learn something valuable if you open her up yourself.
Thank you… she died while I was at work an hubby disposed of her. I have a very sharp eye on my girls now. Everyone seems 👍 atm. I never knew how heartbreaking this could be. I’ve always raised dogs and they are much hardier! I am very thankful for all you very knowledgeable ladies and gentlemen for giving advice and encouragement. Thank you!

Sorry for your loss. I would try to do a home necropsy if possible to look for gapeworms in her trachea.
I was at work when she died. Hubby disposed of her, as he knows I hate to see them dead. I’m a hunter, but a softer when it comes to my critters. Thank you for all your knowledge and help. ❤️

Back
Top Bottom