somethings wrong with duckling

Kaybug137

Songster
11 Years
Apr 18, 2012
Texas
I got a kahki campbell duckling her bottom part of her bill was not inline with top she's eating and drinking good. And her face is even more deformed now

I've never seen or heard of this, but it makes me think of the "cross beak" I've read about on the chicken side. You may want to cross post and ask some of the chicken folks.

I got a kahki campbell duckling her bottom part of her bill was not inline with top she's eating and drinking good. And her face is even more deformed now
Probably the reason your noticing her face being more deformed is because she is growing, as long as she can eat and drink I'd say keep her going, she'll need to have deep bowls to be able to scoop her feed up and of course deep buckets or bowls for drinking but they need them anyways. She is a cutie I think, Probably something happened in the egg, I wouldn't breed her or him though.

I was thinking niacin she wasn't a day old her tooth thing that I'm guessing they have for a few days after hatching wasn't on her bill. I always have something wrong with that breed my last duck was a drake and he lost his foot due to the niacin defeincency (didn't spell it right I know..) But he got killed by a dog. And my surviving drake lost his wing in battle so. No problems with the ducks being a bit different, you think she'll survive? Her name is Squirt like the little turtle off of finding nemo. I thought it was broken but then her top part of her bill was looking deformed after a few days of growing, and then her face, is there a way I can maybe try to a line the bill, or any thing I can give her? Shes on nature wise duck starter. she makes a huge mess when she gets a drink pretty cute~ She acts healthy. If she wasn't eating enough she wouldn't be growing I would think. the other 2 ducklings don't pick on her

I was thinking niacin she wasn't a day old her tooth thing that I'm guessing they have for a few days after hatching wasn't on her bill. I always have something wrong with that breed my last duck was a drake and he lost his foot due to the niacin defeincency (didn't spell it right I know..) But he got killed by a dog. And my surviving drake lost his wing in battle so. No problems with the ducks being a bit different, you think she'll survive? Her name is Squirt like the little turtle off of finding nemo. I thought it was broken but then her top part of her bill was looking deformed after a few days of growing, and then her face, is there a way I can maybe try to a line the bill, or any thing I can give her? Shes on nature wise duck starter. she makes a huge mess when she gets a drink pretty cute~ She acts healthy. If she wasn't eating enough she wouldn't be growing I would think. the other 2 ducklings don't pick on her
I don't know if there's a thing you can do for her, maybe a vet could tell you, as long as she is eating and enjoying life I'd just enjoy her. if it gets to the point where she can't eat then you'll have other decisions to make. Sorry about your other ducks.

Duckling is doing well. We are calling her Twisted lol, she has less feathering than my other duckling but shes getting there. all together with my drake outside in their new pen I call Azkaban lol!

Back
Top Bottom