sometimes it pays to ask!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by sbtgal, Oct 4, 2011.

1. sbtgal

sbtgal Out Of The Brooder

Sep 8, 2011
    Austin
    I have been watching craigslist to see if I could score some free chain link fencing to extend the girls run. No such luck. All the free stuff was 4 feet high and I wanted 6 foot so I can walk in it. I noticed one post for 25' of fence for $100 dollars that had been up several weeks. I emailed and told her I couldn't buy it, but if she wanted it gone I'd take it off her hands. She agreed! WOOT! [​IMG] Now if I can just find some free play sand and sun screen to cover the new section of the run I'll be all set!

2. Cherstin

Cherstin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2009
    North Port, FL
    That's AWESOME! [​IMG]

I have always been one to advertise my stuff in the "free" section. Now that I'm incubating eggs and thinking about some serious coop-building, I have my fingers crossed that all the freebies I shelled out will come back to me in some form or fashion! It's good to be good to people ... I'm sure she absolutely made your day! My mom always says, "it never hurts to ask!" I'm usually to nervous to do that, but good for you! [​IMG]

3. chi-rn

chi-rn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2011
    [​IMG]

4. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    [​IMG]

Keep looking. You'll find something. Good Luck!

5. off-grid hen

off-grid hen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2011
    Upstate NY
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by