Sometimes you just get great things in the mail!!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Momagain1, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Momagain1

Momagain1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2011
    Central IL
    Today out of the BLUE BLUE BLUE...

I rec'd a child support check from my ex-husband...

Normally I get like between $5-30 once every 4-5 yrs or so...umm..its been years since I got a CS check...and even longer
    since I got a tax refund check they confiscated of his...he owes almost $70K to me..

Today...I was bowled over..hubby comes in and says I couldnt wait..I had to open something up..I said what? he said you got something
    good int he mail..I said what? so we played the game for a minute..and finally I said OMGosh a CS check? He said yep! I said great, so can I take
    the kids to McD's now and eat off the $1 menu? he's like uh..yeah for like a year!..

It was for over $900!!!

Soo..this will be the last one for a LONG time...because I know whatever he was doing..he has now quit..thats his M.O....
    work under table so we cant get any $ for back ordered child support.. (for Britt)...then he gets lazy after several yrs and gets a regular
    JOB ..then they locate him and garnish his wages..then he wakes up and quits..and crawls back underground for a few yrs...

This is amazing...God is completely providing right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. sutillman

sutillman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2009
    south georgia
    Been there done that! After 9 years my son's biological father I guess finally got out of jail and settled down or something and I started getting CS checks monthly. I figured at $136. a month my son will be 40 before he finally pays everything he owes back! His bio mom is almost a year behind, but is trying to catch up what she owes. Since we adopted him in 2009 they only owe for the first 9 years arrears. Mom has always had her's taken from her pay. Have never gotten the tax money they the government confiscates.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2011
  3. Momagain1

Momagain1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2011
    Central IL
    COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND!!!!!!!!!

It took us about 7 yrs to get IRS to get ANYTHING..now he doesnt file grrr...

Usually if its from the IRS they have a note on there...but this doesnt...I'll call the caseworker monday tho!

4. ChickyLove

ChickyLove Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Springfield, MA.
    God is good! I am so glad you finally got a check after so long, and that it was a substantial one. [​IMG]

5. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

[​IMG]

6. LittleChickenLady

LittleChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2011
    Clanton, Alabama
    My dad ditched us when I was little. I got to see him maybe four times total growing up.
    Then about a month before I turned 18, and my sister was almost 20, he decided to come back and try to be in our lives.
    He never paid a dime towards us, and he's mad and hurt because I don't want anything to do with him now. [​IMG]

I thought it was pretty convenient that he was gone until all his kids were grown and he didn't have to pay for them. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by