Son of Suede @ 3 Weeks Old

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by speckledhen, Nov 4, 2007.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude

Christina! I always manage to sell my pullet eggs and keep my cockerel eggs! No fair, LOL! Someone just told me I need to chant ROO, ROO, ROO. Why didn't I just do that before?

2. Haviris

Haviris Songster

Sep 4, 2007
    He's a cutie! If you weren't so far away I'd take him!

3. speckledhen

Ah, the story of my life! Thanks anyway!

4. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Crowing

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    What a handsome boy! He really does look great. I'll keep my fingers crossed, that you find a home for him that really deserves him. He'll only get better looking as he gets older and I bet somebody will weaken! [​IMG]

5. speckledhen

If I could only hatch enough pullets to sell him with a pair, it'd be great. At least they'd probably be half brother and sister since I have two pullets from different lines-people seem to think inbreeding in chickens is the same as with people and are skittish about it. Anyway, a moot point, since I cant hatch enough pullets to keep much less sell. His black brother will be a looker, too-all that sheen in the black feathers is gorgeous on the Orps as well as the Ameraucanas.

6. thndrdancr

thndrdancr Songster

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    I went to the annual state poultry show this last weekend and I cannot believe there was not ONE blue orp. There were a LOT of buffs tho. The pairs of the more unusual chickens were selling for $40 and $50 a pair, and actually selling...which surprised me.

Anyhow, if I lived in the country, darned if I wouldnt have one of those blue orp roos and some girlies too. Of course, I probably woulda caved by now and got Suede's bro from Kate, cuz he is mighty handsome himself.
    Jill

7. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Sure is cute boy! I could use him myself too! If you could not sell him thru this BYC, you can at least put him on Eggbid and tell the buyers it is local pick ups.

Maybe fellow BYC truckers in here can pick the boy up! You hear ILRoost????????? [​IMG]

8. chickengirlnm

chickengirlnm Songster

Sep 4, 2007
    clovis, new mexico
    I would give anything to him !! but I am wayyy to far away- shipping out of the question???

Julie

9. speckledhen

I know, I'm a wimp. I just can't ship birds. I almost feel like I'm in that box with them. Yeah, good idea on the truckers! Surely, we have one or two who could pick up the boy for someone else. And remember, there is a beautiful black one, too. I just think this lighter color is so interesting. Bred to black pullets, he'll produce darker blue chicks, I think, so they wouldn't get lighter and lighter.

10. chickengirlnm

chickengirlnm Songster

Sep 4, 2007
    clovis, new mexico
    oh well was worth a try about shipping LOL
    was going to play " you know my birthday is the 11 of this month he sure would make a nice a surprise LOL "

but i am sure he will find a great home soon - he really is pretty- could you post a pic of the black one?

julie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: