Sonic Carhop

Yeah, you really are supposed to tip them. I don't. I am one of those psycho tipper people who ALWAYS tips quite a bit more than is expected....if it was great service I tipe WAY more than was expected. But never do I tip a Sonic Car hop....just doesn't feel right to me!!!

When we lived in Anchrage for 4 1/2 years we went into serious Sonic withdrawl!!! When we left my husband informed me we were eating at the first Sonic we saw.....even if we had JUST eaten! I am addicted to their Hickory Cheeseburger and diet limeade.....their fries are ucky though! Always soggy and gross.

Last edited:
I always let them keep the small change. I thought you were suppose to tip them. It depends on service too. If they come out smiling and polite, why not?

From what my friend tells me about Sonic Carhops(she works there) they get paid less than minimum wage and tips are part of their wage. Think of that the next time you decide to let them "keep the change".

I used to not tip until I found that out!
roll.png

Quote:
Well pooh. See, that is one of the main reasons I don't tip them....I tip well because those I tip make less counting on tips. I did not know that. I thought they made the same as the McD's people. Which is obviously not great, but still not a "tip" job.

Sonic...
love.gif
...back inthe day when I drove around for a living I ate way to many brown bag specials...own my own.
he.gif
Might be why I look like I do now!
he.gif
I always tip...if they are cute
thumbsup.gif
I am kidding! I especially tipped well on snowy days and at christmas...I had a great uncle that tipped $20 one time back in the early 80's...he had done it as a kid and said they deserved it

and just for the record cheesy tator tots rule!!

Quote:
Except on ketchup, ketuchup on ketchup just tastes weird. I am more of a mayo person.

Mayo is eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeviiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiil!!!!!!!!!

OMG...have to tell my Sonic experience...the carhop(on skates) crash landed across the hood of my Xterra THREE, count them, THREE times. After the third time(milkshakes on my windshield), my husband FINALLY leaned out and said "How are those skates workin' for ya?"

Back
Top Bottom