Soon to be a chicken mama.

Teresa57

Chirping
Mar 27, 2022
Hello all. I’m about to embark on raising some chickens. I’ve got their new house almost built out in the backyard. It’s 8’x8’ with 4 nesting spots. I’m overbuilding due to the deer, bobcats and even an occasional mountain lion that roam the hills where I live. I live in Belmont which is south of sanFrancisco about 15 miles. I got interested in raising chickens while reading a homesteading book. (Bees are next) I sourced out all materials for free. I’ve been a union carpenter for many years so building a chicken house was easy. If anyone here lives close or in the San Francisco Bay Area please get a hold of me. I would love to talk, see your chicken family and learn whatever is working for you. searching for my chicks now. Can’t wait! Thanks for reading, Teresa

ill attach pictures when my chicks get home

Hello all. I’m about to embark on raising some chickens. I’ve got their new house almost built out in the backyard. It’s 8’x8’ with 4 nesting spots. I’m overbuilding due to the deer, bobcats and even an occasional mountain lion that roam the hills where I live. I live in Belmont which is south of sanFrancisco about 15 miles. I got interested in raising chickens while reading a homesteading book. (Bees are next) I sourced out all materials for free. I’ve been a union carpenter for many years so building a chicken house was easy. If anyone here lives close or in the San Francisco Bay Area please get a hold of me. I would love to talk, see your chicken family and learn whatever is working for you. searching for my chicks now. Can’t wait! Thanks for reading, Teresa

ill attach pictures when my chicks get home
Welcome to BYC! :frow The overbuilding will pay off in the end. We get bobcats, coyotes, and mountain lions here too.

Back
Top Bottom