Soon to be Chicken owner!

Hello from Florida!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
My mother and sister both have backyard chickens, and I am in the process of building the coop and run and will have 3 chickens by April:)

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

(3) What breeds do you have?
The person I'm buying from has offered several different varieties but I told him to surprise me. I know that I was really interested in at least one Easter Egger

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Their eggs and the pet aspect

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I do a lot of crafting and home improvement.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
We have 3 dogs, a cat and tortoise. We used to have reptiles (snakes, leopard geckos, tegus) so we are familiar with those as well

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
Google! I have been researching extensively for weeks and I keep coming back to this page. Just decided to create an account for future knowledge :)
Welcome! You have come to the right place to get you started with your new hobby.
We are egg-cited you join.

Welcome!! Couple of tips -

(1) if you click on your profile at the top - the square with a "C" if you haven't added a photo - you can put in generally where you live. That will help people give you better tips for good breeds to buy, how to build your coop, etc. For Floridians, I'd recommend saying North vs South or your gardening zone and not just "Florida," since Miami's climate is pretty different than Tallahassee. ;-)

(2) the search on this site is pretty awful. Go to Google and search "backyard chickens" plus the topic you want. Works much better.

Hope you find BYC as helpful and friendly as I have!!

Back
Top Bottom