Soon to be new chicken family

pomeroymom

Hatching
May 6, 2015
We have been researching chickens for over a year and this week begins the plunge!

We start building our coop this weekend. We have chosen to build the Wichita Coop featured on this site. We plan to have the main part of the framing done this weekend. I'm going to pick up the lumber tomorrow.

We will be heading out for a small vacation and returning with 4 chicks from a farm north of us! We are not allowed roosters in our town and this particular farm although 3hrs away, has a rooster guarantee. They take them back and raise them. We have narrowed our choices to 6 breeds which are all at that farm and the kiddos will get to pick their chicks out themselves. We've already check the hatch dates and our timing is right on target.

We are headed out later today to get our items for our brooder kit as well as the items to make our custom chicken waterers and chicken feeders. So much fun!!!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided join our flock. Raising chickens is a wonderful experience for children. My granddaughter (pictured in my avatar) loves our chickens. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck in getting your coop built, and in getting your chicks.

You are going to love your chickens and so will your kids. Glad you joined the BYC flock
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom