Soon to be new chicken Mama

WelcometoBYC.gif

Thanks for all the nice welcomes. I have tried to tell him how bad of a situation this is but he just doesn't care. I know if I steal them then he would get mad and refuse to let me cure the injured and sick. His rooster and 3 free range chickens stay in my backyard free ranging and jump in my pot belly pigs pen where I have some nest boxes and the brooder. One hen is the sultan and she is in my brooder. I had a surprise a little while ago. She has one chick that has hatched and has another that is peeping. I wasn't sure when she started sitting and if any would hatch because she had like 12 eggs under her. Some were hers and some from the other 2 leghorn hens that free range. All I can do is pray that the other young chicks he has will decide to free range over here when they get older. Yeah, for momma sultan. So happy that all her work is paying off. The other chickens have always been mean to her so I am way more partial to her.

PS. Injured young leghorn is enjoying getting out of the dog carrier and roaming the pigs pen supervised. Neck is looking better, drying out nicely. Finally, took bandages completely off today because they were slipping and was scared it would choke her. Plus, she was clawing at them, too close to her ears and such.

Sultan has two hatched and 5 that have zip lined so I see them. They are so cuteeeee. Hubby thinks I am nuts but I am so excited. Neighbor said he will share some with me. Went to the feed store and got feeder, feed and watered for them and momma today. Got momma laying pellets and babies chick starter crumbles. I hope that is okay for momma. Feed store had some baby easter eggers and it was so hard to not buy them. Now, I have for sure been hit by the chicken bug. Don't think I haven't thought about chick napping them(all of his chickens) but hubby won't let me. :(

She hatched 8 chicks. Mom and chicks are doing great. The other 4 eggs didn't develop. I will get some pics up tonight or in the morning at the latest. Most of them are her chicks(five toes) mixed with a welsummer rooster or at least that is what I believe he is. Cutest things!!!

The first two pics are her with some of the chicks. You can't tell she has 8 because some are hiding
under her. The last pic is of the first one that hatched.

CONGRATS!!! Beautiful babies! Are you going to tell your neighbor about them?
My 1st flock of olde english game chickens came to me the same way but I was forbade from telling the neighbor....

Back
Top Bottom