Soon-to-be new chicken owner

snyper82

Chirping
Apr 13, 2021
Louisville, KY
Hello BYC!

I'm going to be brand new to chickens and I'm just overwhelmed by the flood of information found on the interwebs.

I've got 7 eggs this weekend (2 days ago) from my uncle in the incubator right now, hope to get a few chickens from them, they are mixed and various breeds (he's had chickens for a while and most of his eggs are Heinz 57 :D)

We hope to learn a lot from raising chickens, we homeschool and look forward to the educational experiences this will offer, we love eggs and also look forward to those. We eventually hope to have some good fertilizer for our garden as well; so there are many reasons we want to have chickens.

I enjoy woodworking, being outside, movies, and working with my hands on things (mechanics, gardening, etc)
We, as a family, enjoy being outside, visiting family, learning new things, and just hanging out.

We are foster parents, currently we have 3 boys (ages 6, 7, 7) two are foster, one joined our family a few years ago! As far as pets go, we just have an old Pekingese dog that pretty much sleeps all day, lol. I work in IT for a living, currently in SQL development but my strength is in system administration.

I found this forum yesterday when looking for many topics related to chicken ownership! Now I have a ton of questions that I hope to get answered. :p

*yes, I know my avatar is a pic of turkeys, not chickens... lol :lol:

Back
Top Bottom