Soonergrammies funny farm

Soonergrammie

In the Brooder
Feb 23, 2020
I'm a grammie & I love the Sooners, so I'm soonergrammie, I live outside Tulsa in a small town, my husband and myself work in the aviation industry and i will be retiring in the next year. We moved my mom in our home about 4 yrs ago when my dad passed and she helps us raise our 6 (soon to be 7 in 2 weeks) year old grand daughter, we have had her since 8 months old.. I was raised on a self sustaining farm, we grew our own veggies and raised and butchered our own meat, it was a family event when it came to slaughter and harvest time. We raised our children with some chickens and ducks but we didn't go any further than that being a young family, we wished we did more, we would purchase beef from friends and had our chickens and garden and full time jobs but now we want our grand daughter to learn and experience ALL that a small farm life can provide and be. Not only food CLEAN HEALTHY food but also food for the soul and mind, things that society cant teach them. The experiences and memories she will receive hopefully will carry through to her own children as mine did with me from my parents. My husband in the other hand was a city boy with city parents, but his life, love and hobbies were the out doors, hunting ,fishing and adoring Gods beauty. So we currently have about 30 chickens, Baird rocks, lavendar orphington's, white legged horns, auracona, polish crested brown laced and Ayam Cemani' we are starting our NEW incubator today for the polish and Cemani's. Hopefully this spring we will have the sheds and pens ready to get a few goats, couple kune kune pigs, we have a couple of Chinese geese a mallard drake and 5 khaki Campbell hens and 1 drake. I love my animals and hope to pass the memories and highway of information and life skills to our grand daughter and be healthy and kind to her body mind and soul and I know living a simpler life and raising your own food is one of the best ways. I'm grateful for technology today because look now days we can hook up and have all the support and information to to ANYTHING at our fingertips. So thanks to you all for your future comments and help. My God bless all of you and your farming adventures

Back
Top Bottom