Sooo do you think this is a good bargain on chicks and ducklings?

CrazyWestTexasFarmGirl

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 10, 2010
West Texas
I am trying to reduce my baby count asap.. my feedbill and my sanity are nuts....
Heres what I just listed on craigslist.... Do you think this is a good bargain price?

Ducklings 10 (blue swedish and buff) week old
Chicks 18(plus maybe a few more()leghorn/ameriauna mixes and some buff orph mixes and some silkie mixes
4 started ducklings
5 started chicks

All for $75.

I have had a bunch of email and calls but no one has come out yet... Im hoping to get them sold TODAY... Do you think this is a move it fast bargain?

I love buying in bulk!
If I were you I would sell the day old mixed chicks for perhaps $20? I know I would jump on that price if you were near me.
On your started chicks I would ask $5 each if you are certain they are hens. .
You may choose to divide the chicks from the ducks. Not everyone wants ducks...they are so messy...( I had 40 once upon a time
lol.png
)
If you split them up you may make a little more money...goodness knows anyone with a feed bill can use the extra cash.
smile.png

What about $40 for all the chickens...and $40 for all the ducks? Oh and have you heard of Hoobly.com? Free classifieds are wonderful.
I hope I've helped out.
big_smile.png

The price is right but you might have a hard time finding someone that can take, has room for, or wants more than three dozen new arrivals at once. And lots of folks are not interested in ducks at all...like me.

I'd advertise the chicks in lots of six, pick their own...
...Ducks a lot of five, same deal.
The started fowl in a lot of one lot of chicks...
And a lot of started ducks.

Since you are asking about two bucks each...add a buck or two per lot for your trouble and they are still a bargain and you may find more buyers that have facilities to add just a few instead of a whole flock.

I got my bantam week old chicks for 3.00, my Rouen duck for 3.00 and my Pekin duck for 3.00
All were 1 week old.

my husband would have a cow if I paid 10.00 for a chick or a duck

Are they special or something? Like show quality?

Stormy moon... the 10 and other numbers were how many there were of each.. not the price.

I listed them for $75 for all of them today only..(gotta go back to work tomorrow and having people come out during the week is a pain in the butt)
I could have sold 3 or 4 lots of these Today haha! I had tons and tons and tons of emails and calls... where when I have listed smaller amounts of birds I couldnt sell any.
I kinda just wanted them out of my hair... I will need one of the heatlamps they were using for my turkeys that are hatching that need a seperate brooder and most were mixed breeds and I am transitioning to purebreds. SInce they are eating they are costing me money.. I figure any money I make is a plus... I had them sold by 1pm! I still have a small batch of my personal picks to grow out.

I was kind of sad to see them go... The started buffXwhiteleghorns sure are pretty. creamy white colored bodies with gold buff colored heads and necks.

Back
Top Bottom