Sorry for this... but very stressed!

I will try to help. Are they pipped or zipped? Pictures would be helpful. I start by chipping away shell from around the pip until I can see the membrane. I then dip a q-tip in water and rub it on the membrane until I can see right through it. You'll be able to see whether there are still live veins (chick is not ready to get out) or nothing which means baby needs to get out asap. Tell me once you've done this.

I will try to help. Are they pipped or zipped? Pictures would be helpful. I start by chipping away shell from around the pip until I can see the membrane. I then dip a q-tip in water and rub it on the membrane until I can see right through it. You'll be able to see whether there are still live veins (chick is not ready to get out) or nothing which means baby needs to get out asap. Tell me once you've done this.

Water will pull moisture away from the membrane, something like mineral oil or coconut oil would be a better substitute as it'll keep the membrane moist.

Thanks so much for helping. This is one of a few still in the second egg sac, with blood vessels, this specific one bleed a little, but seems to be fine, and it stopped. Also, if some have not pipped yet, should i pip for them? Here are some pics

Dang it, remembered ipad cant post pics on here. But, there is blood vessels, but it is pipping?! I aided one that was stuck, but half way out. I also placed a wet paper towel, which is working. Do you think I let it sit? I read if they stay like this they will die to lack of water/food, or become twisted and mangled for being in there to long.

Dang it, remembered ipad cant post pics on here. But, there is blood vessels, but it is pipping?! I aided one that was stuck, but half way out. I also placed a wet paper towel, which is working. Do you think I let it sit? I read if they stay like this they will die to lack of water/food, or become twisted and mangled for being in there to long.

If there are active blood vessels, the chick is still absorbing leave it be for now. Do not place the wet paper towel so its in contact with the eggs.

Sure things, Made sure the paper towel is in the corner! Had two hatch out now, but one is still in the fetal position/ position it was in the egg. Will he get out of that position?

Also, thanks again for the help, it helped out ALOT. Heck, you even saved a life from my dumb self. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom