Sound Amplifier in Bator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by vickircafe, Apr 26, 2011.

1. vickircafe

vickircafe Out Of The Brooder

Dec 22, 2009
    Orange Lake, FL
    I put my sound amplifier in my incubator today to see if I could hear anything in my coturnix quail eggs. It is the kind that has a battery and 2 ear buds on a wire. I ran the wire outside of the bator and put on the earbuds. I certainly can hear little pipping sounds and also once in a while a few chirps. Pretty neat, has anyone else tried this? I put in a new battery before placing it in the bator but I am sure it will be drained by morning. Today is day 16. Maybe they will hatch tomorrow. I have 15 eggs set.

2. Terri O

Terri O Chillin' With My Peeps

Cool idea!

3. Apriljc

Apriljc Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    I used a stethascope to determine which egg was chirping....I could hear it banging around a bit.

4. ga_goat

ga_goat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2010
    Lowndes County Ga
    I wonder if that wireless baby moniter that I have in the closet would work , the transmitter is battery but the reciever has a plug in
    but I have a place to plug it in and a shelf to put it on in the feed room .

5. vickircafe

vickircafe Out Of The Brooder

Dec 22, 2009
    Orange Lake, FL
    Quote:That sounds like a great idea.

6. punk-a-doodle

punk-a-doodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    Like ga_goat, I wondered about a baby monitor. Was wondering how it'd hold up in a constantly humid and hot setting, but still thinking of giving it a shot. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by