Sour crop gone, still impacted

Momofthewild

Chirping
Apr 9, 2020
I don't know what to do. I've got my rooster isolated in a cage with just water. Hes been having sour crop issues. It would get better after garlic and fermented feed but then it would inflate again like a balloon. After a day and a half of no food, its not inflated so I think the sour is gone but its not completely empty. There's still gravel feeling bits in there- like probably a tbsp or 2 full. Not hard. The bits moves around easily when I massage his crop. So I can't figure out what the problem is?? He is still pooping a little but not massive turds like he usual is guilty of. I could really use some good advice. I'm most likely not going to take him to the vet. It'll have to be a home remedy. Or something I learn to do myself. Also, he seems in really good spirits. He would eat if I gave him something I'm sure. Hes crowing, preening, trying to call his girls to eat, regular rooster behavior.

Is that all you've treated him with?
Is he out and about free ranging?

I'd isolate in a crate, give Coconut Oil to reduce the impaction.
@azygous
So far thats all I've done before I caged him. And yes he's been isolated in a cage for almost 48 hours now with just water to drink, nothing to eat. How do I administer the Coconut oil?

Back
Top Bottom