SOUR CROP ???

Wheezysmom

Chirping
Apr 7, 2021
Will it cause nasal discharge? Possible wry neck? Im literally going down the list of all possibilities for my 6yo chick who recently encountered a possum attack.... her crop is soft and squishy but no bubble noise..... she has nasal drainage and thick mucus in mouth.... she does have a slight odor but she also has head wounds with possible infection that are currently being cleaned with normal saline and neosporin with NO pain reliever..... she developed wry neck after attach and has had her first dose of VIT E and bcomplex... barely got that in her!! Not eating... if it is sour crop as well how do i treat that ???

If you go to @azygous profile and click on her articles, you'll find her thorough and informative article on treating crop issues. I'll try to figure out how to get a link to share but going to her page may be a little quicker

So happy that was helpful! Sounds like your bird has had quite the unfortunate luck. I'm so sorry. Hopefully she'll be feeling better soon! We're here for you and will be wishing you and your flock the very best!
Thank you sooo much!!! I feel as though shes a baby chick again and i was up all night worried, watching, checking room temp Cause of course she was in her pack and play by my bed 💕💕💕

How does her crop feel first thing in the morning before she has anything to drink or eat? Is the odor coming from her injury or her crop/mouth? That's concerning to me, but this is a tricky situation.

How does her crop feel first thing in the morning before she has anything to drink or eat? Is the odor coming from her injury or her crop/mouth? That's concerning to me, but this is a tricky situation.
Exactly..... im so torn!!! Her injuries seem so minor.... but when she did come back home her mouth was so thick with mucus she could not stop drinking water but then she fell asleep in the water so i toom her out My thought was bless her she has been so traumatized and gone she literally has probably not had anything to eat or drink in over 24 hrs .... but the more i read the more my mind races... im
Def not crop expert she has always been a lap chicken and ive felt her full fat crop MANY MANY times but never looking for anything now im like oh gosh could it be this Its def soft and squishy but no noises and the mucus in mouth confuses me .... and yeast made sense but yeast is spots and this is thick ... now she sounds nasely but she has drainage 😂😂😂😂 Shes drinks droplets of gatorade at a time but my thought is some thing is better than nothing her bottom is dry she is clean And after reading so much now i feel like im giving her fluids wrong and gonna make her aspirate So im squirting it in my hand scooping the tinest bit in her beak and making her smack to get it down but i think thats wearing her out

I would have never even thought something was wrong until she started the head thing... laying it all the way over and bobbing making the saddest of noises And i def dont want her to suffer but under no circumstances will i be able to cull her .... none of the top 10 ways i read about would i be able to do😢😢😢😢😢😢

Back
Top Bottom