Sour Crop?

azygous, thank you-- I'm pretty sure your advice saved her life. I never knew about coconut oil, but she seems to have turned the corner after eating it. Her comb is still flopped over, but she is "chickening" (hanging with flock, pecking at food, roosting, etc). She's thin, for sure. Her crop is just a little squishy, not grotesquely so, and I'm continuing the monozadine. But I think she's going to make it. Thank you so much!

update: she's stayed out with the flock and is the first one to dive into fresh feed. She's thin, and I know that will take time. We've finished the 7 days of miconazole (actually continued til the tube was gone). Her comb is still flopped over, but she's bright and active, so hopefully it just takes time.
One interesting thing-- in Texas we're having rain forest like weather. Their yard is WET. And, I found where they had spilled feed and it appeared moldy. Possible cause of her issue, though I'm grasping at straws. But if you're having rain every day for a couple weeks, good idea to ensure they don't have access to any wet/spoiled feed.

Since they ignore grit, I've bought two more kinds, and I'm mixing it with feed in hopes some is accidentally ingested.

Back
Top Bottom