source for polycarbonate panels?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by vermontgal, Jan 18, 2009.

1. vermontgal

vermontgal Chillin' With My Peeps

Does anyone know a good source for double (or maybe triple) wall polycarbonate panels? About 2 years ago, some supply house that sold greenhouses and bulk polycarb sent me a catalog. I didn't keep it, and have been wishing I did.

I asked at my local building supply place, but they wanted to sell me just plain, corrugated translucent fiberglass panels. Not polycarb and not double wall. Should I be able to order it at a local building supply?

Or if I need to mail/internet order, any recommends for where?
    Northeast would be great, to minimize shipping charges...

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2009
  2. grundail01

grundail01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2009
    Dustin Acres
    Farmtek has what you are looking for if you cannot find it locally. I have bought a few items from them in the past and had no problems with them.

Alex

3. Mac in Wisco

Mac in Wisco Antagonist

May 25, 2007
    SW Wisconsin
    The only thing I've ever seen those panels used in is greenhouses. Like somebody said, Farmtek, can probably get you what you want, or you'll have to find a regional greenhouse manufacturer. I've never seen anything like that at a local building supply.

4. Catalina

Catalina Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2007
    Minnesota
    http://www.solexx.com/

Like this?

I bought a greenhouse from them. Still have to put it together.....[​IMG]

edited to add: You can buy sheets or rolls too. You don't have to buy the kits.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2009
  5. vermontgal

vermontgal Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanks for the suggestions. Gardeners' Supply in Burlington makes greenhouses. They say "Made in Vermont" in the catalog, so maybe I will see if they can sell me some polycarbonate direct. Gardeners' might be too big of a company to do this, though. I'll give it a try and see. Thanks again.

6. nightshade

nightshade Chillin' With My Peeps

I use just the plain opaque roofing from lowes for roofing works fine, and is cheaper then the greenhouse panels but the extra insulation in the greenhouse panels would come in handy for some things.

7. amamaofmany

amamaofmany Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2008
    west virginia
    I picked up a Tuftex brochure at the Lowe's last time I was there. Lowe's sells their panels. I do not know which ones I was looking because I was in a hurry and just examined them quickly and grabbed the brochure from the rack. Lowe's had quite a number of different types of panels at different prices.

I am considering the Ultravinyl sheets for the inside walls of the coop we're planning and possibly getting a few polycarb for the roof of a small greenhouse to put beside the coop.

8. Poultra

Poultra Out Of The Brooder

May 26, 2008
  9. LynneP

LynneP Chillin' With My Peeps

10. scogind

scogind Out Of The Brooder

Dec 29, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by