Sourland cursed me with broody hens, now Imp is cursing me with....

Make sure you take pictures of the kittens when they come too...

hide.gif

Quote:
Yep, cat math works almost exactly like chicken math. Great observation!
wink.png

As with any math, it sometimes becomes necessary to re-configure the components. Since the chicks will be going out today to live full-time in their own coop I'm thinking it's time for Bug to move out too. Previously I was keeping Bug in the house part of the day because I was worried about him being able to get ahold of the chicks when they were in their temporary pen. The chicks new coop/pen is cat proof, so no longer an excuse for keeping Bug in the house.

Last night when I went out to feed Cuatro DH followed me out and reminded me that she must remain an outside cat. While he was talking Cuatro slipped unnoticed between his legs and into the house. I guess she didn't realize that he was talking about her.
gig.gif

Two indoor cats and two outside cats. I like even numbers.
smile.png

Gritsar, good luck traing them to be outside cats. All of my experience with cats leads me to believe that it's easier to train a chicken than a cat!

Quote:
That is the truth!

Can herd a chicken too, but not a cat.

It will not take Cuatro (
lau.gif
) long to train DH - she has already started on him - passing thru his legs like cat mist........ Give her a day or two and she will appear on his lap.
gig.gif

I laughed when I read this. I have been telling my girls that they cant have a cat right now because our JRT is 16 years old and hates cats. I think he has certain rights after being with us this long. Plus I would die if they got a cat and he got ahold of it. At any rate this feral cat had kittens in the woods near our house and her kitten has moved in under our chicken coop. I am guessing because of mice being under there. She seems to be no threat to the flock and even the JRT will have a tough time catching this girl.She is this really differant looking calico. I call her CAMO Cat, the girls call her Callie Sue and I guess I need to get her to the vet. My Jack and I appear to have been whipped by Camo Cat and her 2 human companions.

Quote:
Thanks, I have a feeling I'm going to need that luck.
hmm.png

Bug just sealed his fate and will be an outside cat after today. I just found all 6 of my placemats AND the tablecloth on the kitchen floor. Bug is just not getting the idea that tables are for humans, not cats.
somad.gif
Tired of that game I can hear him right now, running laps in the bathtub.

With any luck Cuatro will be going with Bug to the vet. I'm sorry if this offends, but even if she is pregnant she will be spayed so long as she isn't too far along. There are enough unwanted kittens in the world.
sad.png

I will be forwarding all my cat complaints to Imp from now on.

By the way, yesterday DH changed his story. The other night when I went outside and caught DH holding Cuatro? He insists that he was merely chasing her away.
roll.png

Shhhh, don't tell DH....Cuatro was just in the house for a meal. I don't feel up to going out to the main outbuilding to feed her right now.

Sometime today I will need to take a brush to her coat. It's full of briars. Although her long coat makes her look big, she's really skinny under all that fur. That I can do something about.

Back
Top Bottom