South Carolina

Hi I am new too. I just joined today. I am in west columbia. Are there any local breeders in south carolina? I see that you said(Kimbpara) that you ordered from Ideal Hatchery is that in south carolina?

Ideal is actually in Texas. They ship day-old chicks. The post office will call you when they arrive. I've ordered from them twice, and only 1 doa chick.

I now am buying eggs, then will hatch my own.

If you want to buy locally, best thing to do is check the market bulletin. Do you know how to find that online?

Hi guys!
I have an order coming in from Ideal in about 2 weeks. I have an order coming from X-treme tomorrow. I keep my chicks in a brooder down at the barn.

I have found much better eggs and chickens here on BYC than in the Market Bulletin but a thinking of getting a LGD like a Great Pyrenees out of there.

I have gotten chickens from down near John's Island and also from Salley and Pendleton. There are plenty of nice breeders in SC!

Oh, please don't tell me the Jockey Lot is closing! We still haven't taken our daughter to that one! Too busy building lots of coops for all these blasted chickens! I think we are up to about 150 now.
We have a few Araucanas sitting on eggs for hatching. One is peeping and should hatch out tomorrow. It's always so exciting!

Hi everyone!
I'm right here in the middle of everyone it seems. I call Orangeburg, SC home. HELP! I need egg layers! Not many. Size of egg doesnt matter so I am thinking Bantams. I definately want brown eggs. Any SC people have any chicks available?

Thanks so much!
Elizabeth

And I told her to talk to you, Gary!
Blue eggs are far more dazzling than brown eggs! Though I love them both. I have a customer who swears the blue eggs taste much richer! LOL

To answer the question about the Jockey Lot... It isn't closing as far as I know. I'm headed over there in the morning. I'll see what I can find out.

There is definitely nothing like it. The Ladson Flea Market north of Charleston does run a close second though.

thumbsup.gif

Hey!Summerville here!I get most of my chicken's from William's feed store.Sell great seeds too.They also sell random tidbits,turkeys,and rabbits.

Back
Top Bottom