Southern California hit by Major Power Failure

pdsavage

Sussex Monarch
11 Years
Mar 27, 2008
NW,Missouri
Hope everyone there is staying cool and have prepared for this type of situation....
Unlike this guy who can't even be bothered to buy a candle or two....

Last edited:
Oh believe me it is THE news of the night here. Such a large area, about 1/4 of our state!!!! Crazy!!!! First thing I thought being so close to 9/11 anniversary..... well apparently it is just a system issue. I'd say it's an ISSUE all right!!!! It even prempted Obama!!!
woot.gif

Kinda like a car chase here. Call out for Chinese!

ETA: And it wasn't THAT hot here today. Most of the outages are in the beach areas, but it does extend to AZ and Mexico. Almost all of San Diego county is in the dark. Not me.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Being CA, that employee likely had a prescription for something not found in a pharmacy. We have gone to hell in handbasket here. Where is the shaking head smiley?

What a mess. Downtown was gridlock. Roadside help was refusing to assist anyone whom wasn't seriously in danger to conserve fuel. Help was refused for those stuck in elevators unless it was seriously related to health. Trolleys weren't working which meant that students where my son goes to college were stuck. News reported for those whom could not take trolleys should call a taxi. Really? And pay for that how. Not to mention gas stations unable to pump gas. Stores suddenly shut down. Cell phones not working. Had to use the car radio. Brought solar outside lights from he yard to an elderly neighbor. All schools.and college here still closed today. My power came on almost 12 hours.to the.minute when shut down. Very thankful that the moon was bright. I was more worried over the family/friends i couldn't reach, knowing that they were stuck either in the city and had small children, or had long distances to travel to get to home. Stores had to close, but without alarm systems working, untrained.people were suddenly put into position to spend the night. Flashlights for emergencies. But without backup batteries or the ability to contact 911 for assistance or those waiting at home to check on was worrisome.

It was no big deal for me except it was hot and I had to have my windows open. So, I kept getting awakened by all the noises outside.

My cell phone worked fine, but my neighbor did get stuck in the elevator, but she got out. I was close to home, so not too far to travel and I didn't Ned gas and food. Plus, I had a radio, a propane stove and a little fan, even. I didn't bother with candles, either. That guy in the video was stupid.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom