soy bio-deisel cake

judas

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jun 21, 2010
well if i am grow soy and take the gov tax cred for farmed fuel (1$ a gal used on farm i think) the left over cake (the non-chemically extracted solids from oil pressing) also called de-fatted soy meal. i assume this can be fed happily to chickenz. but how do i store this stuff or should i press it little by little? is there a easy way to pelletize this stuff or form to make it more edible.

i assume being our government they wont watch too closely so i can centrifuge it and use it mostly as straight vegi in the summer

There are small pelletizers you can buy that will put it in an easily eaten form. Do a Google search on "pelletizer".

I am not sure what steps are taken after pressing, but the end result is soybean meal. I have seen that the terms soy cake/meal are interchangeable. Unless you are feeding fish I do not think you need to pelletize it. Also feeding them straight soy would be a nono. They need a balanced diet. It would not sub for vegtables.

yep it would be mixed with hopefully raised/harvested or local grains kelp/rockweed etc

but the idea of getting a small press and to plant a couple acres of soy with field corn, sun flowers or some other nitro needing plant. and use the soy mostly as straight vegi or cut it with appleseed processor bio diesel over the warm summer months . probably pressing as soy meal needed for the chickenz

also soy meal is separated as regular full fat/oil and defatted ? (waste from oil pressing) unfortunately some use chemicals/solvent to extract more oil to me this is not acceptable as feed even if the soy is non-GMO and organic. i am curious if its sold as organic still..?

Back
Top Bottom