Earlier today a friend called to say, her chickens were sick and could I look at them. By the time I got there two were dead and the rest close to death. After questioning her about what she was feeding, she told me that she had given them some soybeans as a treat. That was the only thing different in her routine. When I ask her if they were roasted or boiled, she said no. Being the easy going person I am, I told her straight out that she had poisoned her chickens. All forms of BEANS MSUT BE ROASTED OR BOILED @180 DEGREES for at least 15 minutes. All BEANS contain trypsin, which is toxic to the lining of the birds intestines. It can scar their intestines making them less able to absorb their food. BOILING for 15 minutes @ 180 degrees destorys the trypsin. Her chickens died a slow death, which could have been prevented.