Spaghetti

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by sfisher, Jan 24, 2008.

1. sfisher

sfisher Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2008
    Myrtle Beach
    Do chickens like spaghetti? I work in a Italian restraunt, and can bring home all the scraps, of spaghetti and bread I want. Is too much a bad thing?

2. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Mine love it! It is so funny to watch them run off with it like long white worms clamped in their beaks!

3. Redfeathers

Redfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Gervais OR
    Mine love it too! It's the first thing to go off the plate. They chase each other all over and make a big fuss...cheap entertainment for us humans. [​IMG]

4. Churkenduse

Churkenduse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2008
    As a snack it is fine, but restaurant shaghetti is cooked with allot of salt, I know my ex was a chef. Salt is not good for them.

But they look so cool eating it. [​IMG]

5. chickbea

chickbea Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2007
    Vermont
    It does make for good entertainment to watch them run around with the spaghetti.
    However, as with most table scraps, moderation and variety is the key.
    I'd go easy on the bread, as it is probably made with white flour and too much will probably just make them plump.

6. hooligan

hooligan Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2007
    Arkansas
    If you get alot of scraps, you can always offer to take it to your local humane society. MOST don't mind and its a real treat for the dogs there. Sometimes restaurants would do that for us (when I worked at a shelter) and the dogs got so excited when we came around to give them people food!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by