spaghetti

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Vickie350z, Mar 27, 2008.

1. Vickie350z

Vickie350z Out Of The Brooder

Mar 10, 2008
    My girls love spaghetti noodles, is this ok or even better than scratch?

2. countryboy

countryboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2007
    i feed my girls medium egg noodles, they love it. alot of people feed spaghetti noodles as a snack to. i don't use it as a scratch replacement.

3. CritterHill

CritterHill Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2008
    SE PA
    Has anyone ever fed them Barilla Plus pasta? It is pasta made with lentils, chickpeas, flaxseed, spelt, barley, oatmeal, and egg whites as well as semolina.

I assume that stuff would be fine for chickens?

I feed it to my 4 year old on an embarrassingly frequent basis. Only way I get any protein into her some days!

4. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    I use whatever pasta I have, I think if we eat it why not them? My girls love leftover baked ziti and spaghetti (with sauce, of course). It's gone in seconds flat.

I only give a small portion of it to them. And throw 1/2 cup scratch in the run before I go to work. (3 chickens)

5. banter

banter Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2008
    Raymond Maine
    My chickens favorite food is pasta (as a treat). I have given them Barrilla and also soba noodles, which are buckwheat. Most pasta is semolina wheat which is good enough nutritionally that I wouldn't worry. Of course the imported is the best!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by