Spayed leg update

WickedChicksNH

Crowing
Oct 2, 2017
New Hampshire
Well first thing, Norma turned out to be a Norman. lol
So he hatched 1 week 1 day ago, 18 hours after his first pip he appeared.
I noticed the next day he leg was out, I thought maybe it was in my mind and he was just sitting weird. Well it wasn't getting better and he wobbling.

I read and read and seen how I should deal with it. most everything I read said 12 -48 hours should fix it.. well it didn't and I was getting worried. I was doing it with a band-aid. While I was at the feed store I picked up some of the vet tape. that seemed to hold his legs a little better, I waited longer a few more days, so he has the tape on him for about 5-6 days.

I did check now and then to see how he was progressing, and it wasn't really progressing like I wanted. so on the last day, I took his tape off and hoped for the best.

He hopped around because he was used to the tape, he walked but looked like he needed to think about how to do it, he would stand there and his leg would be our a bit but he would pull it in and do a few wobbly steps, I decided to give him a bit without the tape hoping he just needed to get used to being without it.

A half a day later he was walking, and doing great, he can now climb up on my shoulder can walk without thinking about how to do it, he randomly hops but what a difference, so it took 5-6 days total to get him going.. now we need to work on his curled toes and we are good to go

He's a standard barred rock. and Sheila who is a Light Brahma who hatched the day before him has been good with him, no running him over or picking on him
normann.jpg norman2.jpg norman3.jpg normansheila.jpg

Back
Top Bottom