Specific Everyday feed for 7 week old chicks

We transitioned our first flock to Purina Flock Raiser crumbles with oyster shell on the side last year when our starter feed ran out at around 16 weeks. We have a mixed breed flock and had a 2 1/2 month range between when the first started laying and when the last finally started. We didn't want to start using layer feed for those not laying. We kept them on the Flock Raiser and then used it for our new baby chicks this year as well. Much easier to only feed one type of food to them all.

Hello and thank you so much for your time. I have 6 pullets, 6 weeks old. They are on the 20% protein starter feed now. Looking at the Scratch and Peck brand; but, there are so many to choose from! I can always call them and I’m sure they can guide me to what I need. I got chickens hoping to save money on eggs! After the 2500 coop we just built, and the cost of good quality feed....... I’m not sure I’ll be saving money on eggs anytime soon. We do pay over $6 a dozen now in CT tho.
$6dz?!?

I feed Scratch and Peck grower whole grains, with oyster shell (and their own crushed egg shells) on the side. They like it, but I can't see feeding a large flock with it, as it does need to be moistened.

When we got our very first egg, we laughed at what we called the world's most expensive egg! I've found that the savings on eggs (there aren't any) are secondary to knowing where my eggs come from, having fun with my girls, and the joy and satisfaction of harvesting my own eggs.
Yes yes yes!!! AntiqueB, You nailed it baby! 🐥 ❤️

Back
Top Bottom