Mar 3, 2007
Coarsegold, CA
"I'm a roo!"

DSC01207.jpg

"Me too!"

DSC01206.jpg

"Me three!"

DSC01205.jpg

Out of my small hatch, I think I have 3 boys and 3 girls. One of the "girls" is still questionable, but she's a girl until proven otherwise!!! The boys are definitely the friendliest and most precocious!
love.gif

My two sick chicks that were the most trouble are Speckled Sussex. I'm so anxious for them to completely revcover, but it has been fun watching them. They are really pretty,and their white chests are getting very prominent. They still have the tremors, but they walk ok. Mine must be girls, their combs are different than yours. They were supposed to be girls but you never know.

I have two or three SS can't remember now....but how do you tell the chicks are roos at that age? Mine also are about that size now.
thanks

All 3 of the boys pictured have a lot more red in their combs and are showing signs of reddening wattles. The ones that I am assuming are girls (they could be late developing roos) do not have a red comb, and the combs seem smaller. These 3 also are quite "in your face" friendly, which often spells "roo". Of course, nothing is written in stone! Educated guesses, really!

Here's a pic of one that I believe is a girl:

DSC01212.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom