Speckled Sussex

BYC translation "Send me a photo so I can tell you what breed your chicken actually is" 😂
Schitts Creek Yes GIF by CBC

So...now I'm really confused. I was looking back through my pics of when they were babies. I have a pic of the "speckled sussex". It's not a good pic because I was actually taking a pic of one of the other chicks and it was also in the brooder. I didn't any good ones of this particular chick. But it definately doesn't have the SS eyeliner, but from what else I've read it does have the right markings for a Welsummer pullet. The cockerels aren't supposed to have eyeliner right?

Attachments

• 20230412_1932221.jpg
    20230412_1932221.jpg
    327 KB · Views: 7
  • 20230412_1932261.jpg
    20230412_1932261.jpg
    373.8 KB · Views: 7
Both would have the eyeliner, and neither would be an autosexing breed. You wouldnt be able to tell the guys from the gals by their appearance.

If you have one in colored without the red light that would be good. Welsummer follows kind of the stereotypical chipmunk look, where the SS is a bit darker and has a distinctively different appearance than the welsummer

Both would have the eyeliner, and neither would be an autosexing breed. You wouldnt be able to tell the guys from the gals by their appearance.

If you have one in colored without the red light that would be good. Welsummer follows kind of the stereotypical chipmunk look, where the SS is a bit darker and has a distinctively different appearance than the welsummer
I didn't take any out of the brooder for these 2. Too late now lol.

I thought Welsummer was an autosexing breed?

Back
Top Bottom