Spice’s Story (caution; super sweet may cause tears)

While I am at it… sorry I just thought of this lol
Here is her half brother half father …. Heh 😬
IMG_0735.jpeg

And mother…
IMG_2168.jpeg

Sorry for the random photos 😅

They are… and they have such silly personalities! My silkie, Sunny, is beat up a lot, and doesn’t really mind, but when she feels like it, she sneaks up behind the big chickens, and peck their underbellies! They don’t see her and are super surprised! They leave her alone for a while after that lol

we went on vacation and spice was alone for the first time! We decided to put her in a cage that she could eat in and she did really well. Unfortunately, her leg did not get as much exercise and she’s not doing that good with the meatbirds. We are trying to move them into a tractor but it is not ready and their mother whom will be in there with them is broody. More updates soon. Thanks for reading.

Spice stayed outside overnight!
Spice didn’t make it in last night the poor thing! With one of our hens having flystrike I am sad to say she has been slightly neglected… I guess she will be getting extra treats today tho! We have visitors, and everyone loves her, so hopefully she will forgive me.

We made a silkie tractor! Right now we have Peaches, Brookie, and Spice in there, but we will plan to introduce their mom, Sunny, and their uncle, Kohaku. They are very happy in the tractor, Spice seems to be getting more plump already! Pictures and updates to follow!

Sunny was finally introduced! She is no longer broody, going through a molt, underfed and in happy! She dislikes all but Peaches who had gone up to her pecked her, and when she pecked back Peaches shrugged it off and seems determined to get her to like her. The others are quite afraid of Sunny. Kohaku will be put in soon! We are focusing on fattening them up and making Sunny happy so she doesn’t decide to annoy the rest even more! For any teens out there… check out this book! It is called unusual chickens for the exceptional, poultry farmer by Kelly Jones! Sunny remind me of Henrietta, lol 😝 anyway have a nice weekend!!!!! More updates to follow

Back
Top Bottom