Spinning cat illusion

Which way does it spin?

• Clockwise (right brain dominant)

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Counterclockwise (left brain dominant)

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Both

Votes: 10 58.8%

• Total voters
First glance ws counter clockwise and I had a bit of difficulty getting my brain to see it as clockwise until I blinked a few times. I like to make optical things change direction...

Another tip:
I found it was easiest for me to start by pausing it when the cat is facing directly forward/backward, as it's easier for my brain to switch from the mirror images that looked like they had the least amount of depth to me. Then, I was able to do it without pausing by focusing just on the hind legs, and forcing myself to think that the leg I saw as being nearest to me was farthest. That's the thing that worked for me at least. Was starting to suspect it was a joke to get people to stare at a clockwise spinning cat all day. XD

So I am right brain dominant... but right handed, left eyed.
hu.gif
Hmmm a mystery!!

Actually no. I know why I am wierd!

Is this a real test? Mine kept changing direction. It started out going to the left (counter clockwise) and then changed to clockwise?!

Indeed it is!

It's funny because I was showing my family and my mom and sister could only see it go clockwise. My little sister saw it go clockwise, and then it suddenly changed to counterclockwise. Me? I saw it go counterclockwise for the longest time, and then it went clockwise. And then back and forth, like chickened said, in a half circle.

Back
Top Bottom